Tuesday, November 01, 2005

 

Halloween keyboard scrawl

It was cracked karaoke that brought it back to me
This feeling I’ve been fighting for so long,
How you’ve broken my taboos and strong proscriptions
And break my heart where the scarring hasn’t left it hard.
Who are you so young and strange to break my boundaries?
Who are you to launch this challenge from my past?
Who am I to find myself mad with missing you
When your life is yours and I am no one to ask?
There is hope that grows in what you represent to me.
There is danger in what my hungry soul tries to make it mean.
What would I do if I were really alone with you?
I don’t think of you that way though that may be strange.
I am drawn to what it is inside of you
That radiates like daybreak through your eyes,
But I do not dream further than kissing you
Despite the angry ways my carnal insides writhe.
What is this misdirected path that I have landed on?
What is this unrequited quest I must deny?
How have I fallen once again to be the victim of
The deluded dream of the caressing silver tongue
That unfailingly never lies?
You have opened up a window of possibility
A field of options I had never chanced to see,
But while I intellectualize the current reality
That fails to make it any easier to be me.
I believe lives lap like layers
And what was is and might yet be again.
I can only hope that you appear now to remind me
That this is all in the grand scheme fleeting
And on a given day love can be anywhere.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?