Sunday, August 21, 2005

 

No, thank you.

Everybody seems to be going to Six Flags these days. An adventure in which I cannot share having no small dislike of roller coasters. People quiz me about this all the time trying to convince me that I have somehow misunderstood this most universal of transcendent entertainments. I simply counter that I cannot fathom why everyone wouldn’t enjoy spicy food, biting, reading about burial rituals, surgical documentaries and Tom Waits either, but they don’t. And, do I judge these people? Of course not. I merely make a small notation in my book of potentially expendable persons in cases of emergency. You never know when a dark god of the past ages may rise up to claim his (or her) bloody due from an ignorant and self-involved society. When the time comes for appeasement by human sacrifice on the alter of skulls the last thing one needs to be doing is running around making lists. I simply can’t fathom roller coasters that’s all. It’s not a judgement, just a fact.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?