Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

Upon the occasion of this my return

I have returned.
True, I was lax, not managing to tuck myself into some internet café and spin some on locale missives to you, mon petit bon-bons. But let us face cruel reality… I was on vacation. So, I will be mulling over my observations of this “restive” experience and fling them out thusly over the next few days. In the meantime I offer you…

Poolside Scrawl

coffee kissed
and hesitant before the rock
sun blind and scanning
for possibility
such a contrast to my chilled
and borrowed cave
holed up in the dark
weeping at the maudlin broadcasts
of other regions’ troubadours
sleep and its lack
conspiring with recurrent collisions
of expectation and reality
to send me slaloming through a course
caught between ebullience and despair
the farther that the joy slips
from my ever clutching fingers
further crumble
the often patched walls
keeping the dark voices silent
sun and breeze
fantasy and fellowship
draught and dream and laughter
carry me high into the light
fill my ears with music
that the ill-minded voices be drowned
allow me to fly
if only a little longer

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?