Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

coerced and inconvenienced

I find myself a victim of extortion at the hands of the city of Boston. Just the other evening, after spending several hours at home working diligently on a number of ongoing and deadline heavy projects, I went out to meet friends for a late evening cocktail at a charming saloon on Commonwealth Avenue. I drove, since the walk to the T from my house is still too much for me given my ongoing recovery. After driving around and around I found what I thought (due to a lack of signs) was a legal parking space. Well, two drinks and two hours later I come back to a $75.00 ticket. Nearly a day's pay to park for two hours.... oh, yah, that's fair, especially since I don't knowingly park illegally. I suspect city hall will be hearing from me. Like I have time for this. Sheesh.

Comments:
I swear you have to have a higher degree to understand parking signs in Boston. I was driving an out of towner around and pulled over to park. After a pause she asked "Is it OK to park here". I said "Give me a minute. This sign has three conditions with two or three subordinate clauses per condition. I'm still trying to work it out..."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?