Thursday, April 28, 2005

 

Out of the fog like Adrienne Barbeau

Oh! There you are.
…What? Oh, pardon the turban, it’s nothing really… did you see a miniature ostrich come this way? I’m afraid the dwarves let it get away again. I really must sit down.

The drugs you know. Painkillers. They took the staples out of my foot today… some 24… 27? I don’t know, and a veritable basketball player’s inseam worth of stitches. But, you must see the x-rays. Before and after, it’s are like something out of a Halloween episode of The Swan. Now even my left foot has fabulous bone structure. These are my consolations, that and an inescapable upper body work out, as I lurch and drag my somewhat dissociated self about the landscape like Madame’s last and unlikeliest love-child by Tiny Tim. The price of renovation I suppose. Inconvenient yet character building. Doctors and forms and insurance and forms and hospitals and forms and rubbish and rubbish and… hmmmm… I wonder what the co-pay is on a Mai-Tai?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?