Tuesday, March 08, 2005

 

*NEW* SOBER napkin scrawl

The seer was right
drunk though he may have been
to let go and follow.
Stop restraining with conformity
what I know inside,
follow my own way
don’t subvert in favor
of the expectations of others
and my illusions
of prudence and normalcy.
Today it was a battle
but I chose to take the chance
and my heart led me here
to you.
The last few days
you have haunted my thoughts
you said I’d been in yours
and although we failed again
to cement a plan
for the next time we’ll speak
and kiss
I have affirmation
that it will be soon.
So be well
my bright and busy boy
take care
while I hold your smile
shining in my dreams
until fate and folly
bring us back around
and I touch your face again.

copyright R. L. Allison 2005

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?